Monday, January 17, 2011

Breakfast a la James Barber

Print Friendly and PDF
I like to eat pancakes. My dad and I used to go to Phil's Pancake House in Calgary and Banff almost every week when I was little...so I must have gotten hooked then. I am a big fan of anita's organic multi-grain pancake and waffle mix...but sometimes, I want the light, fluffy, not so good for you, pancakes I used to make...after Phil's, and before Weight Watchers: James Barber's ' P-Seudo P-Sourdough P-sancakes

This recipe is from his book: ' Immodest but Honest Good Eating Cookbook ' It's a great recipe...but I always change it a bit. Here it is, with my little tweaks:

Beat 3 eggs and add 1 cup of flour ( I substitute 1/2 cup whole wheat flour/1/2 cup regular unbleached white flour) 6 ounces of yogurt ( I use non fat Greek yogurt) and 1 cup milk ( I use 1%) Beat smooth. Now still beating add: 2 TBSP sugar ( I use 1 TBSP) 1 teaspoon salt ( I use 1/2 tsp) 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 4 TBSP oil or melted butter ( I use 2 TBSP melted butter) Let stand 10 minutes before cooking.

The P-Man and I put homemade applesauce and real maple syrup on our pancakes, and in the spirit of James Barber...We had a REALLY good Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment