Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bread+Egg=Heaven!

Print Friendly and PDF
Sort of Cooking-Really Delicious!
My husband was out of town this week, and after 29 years of marriage, that means 1 thing…I eat when, what, and if I want.
Eggs are a sort of 'go-to' for me. The protein fills me up, and a fried egg sandwich is a treat because I am not generally a sandwich eater. I had a jar of roasted red peppers in the fridge, and think they were one of the STARS of this particular sandwich…they added a bit of sweetness, and a 'vegetable' component which I try to have at every meal.
Ham and Dijon mustard are perfect together…and in my fridge I also had this tasty, scraggly piece of ham I picked up at a fantastic urban deli in the Crosstown neighbourhood of Vancouver, a place called The Dirty Apron.(the ham was scraggly looking because every time I went anywhere near the kitchen, a piece ended up in my mouth!)
Lastly…Any sandwich that has any hope of being delicious MUST have good bread. You all know my dad was a baker, so I drive miles for good bread, just on principle! This tasty loaf is called a 'Millers Grain Loaf', and is available a couple of miles from my place in Ocean Park, at a bakery called Fieldstone. It's crunchy and dense, and yeasty, and full of nuts and seeds. If this post has you thinking about creating a few tasty sandwiches for you or yours tonight, check out everybodylikessandwiches.com a great blog!

Anyone have a favourite sandwich? Please leave me a comment…and don't forget to share! I'm on Twitter too…@CathyCavern.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy, I am impressed with the vibrancy of your blog. Thank you for the recipes and the inspirations.
    RJ of PIDP class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I'm glad I could help.
      Happy eating!
      CathyB

      Delete